August 22, 2012

San Diego wedding and children's photographer

I have not done the best job of keeping up with my blog. I am going to try harder to keep updating as I do shoots. I also hope to be a bit more personal on my blog.
So these are a few photos I took of my daughter Ashlynn yesterday evening. I had been listening to the best song while making them dinner. It is People help the People by Birdy. I don't know if you have listened to her sing,there is so much depth and soul in her voice. Often times when I hear songs I get inspired and see images and future ideas for photo shoots in my head. Anyway after dinner my daughter asked to go outside. She took a blanket with her and a notebook and looked so sweet writing in the grass. I saw how beautiful the sun was lighting her hair and how rich the colors were around her. The song kept playing over and over in my mind. Especially these lyrics in the song :

People help the people
And if you're homesick, give me your hand and I'll hold it
People help the people
And nothing will drag you down
Oh and if I had the brain, Oh and if I had the brain
I'd be cold as a stone and rich as the fool
That turned all those good hearts away
 

 I grabbed a "few" props to add to the "feeling" 
I was thinking of all the friends who have held my hand in life. I was also thinking about sometimes even when you are in your home or with your family you can still feel "homesick."  I believe sometimes we are searching for more and can feel so lonely because heaven is our real home. Sometimes i think we get a glimpse of heaven and I think thats what i was seeing yesterday evening. The colors, the sun streaming down, my daughter's peacefulness...it was a golden moment.